IPG Photonic’s high power CW Ytterbium Fiber Laser YLS-Cut & U series are compact, rugged, and a efficient power supply for industrial applications.
IPG Photonic’s high power CW Ytterbium Fiber Laser YLS & U Series systems are created from active optical fibers and semiconductor diodes; merging two of the most innovative and advanced laser technologies. Fiber lasers use single emitter semiconductor diodes as the light source to pump the active fibers. The laser beam emitted is contained within optical fibers and delivered through an armored flexible cable. Active fibers, special optical fibers doped with rare earth ions, allow for an extremely bright light from a very small core, thus making possible the production of kilowatt class output with excellent beam quality.
- Available on the MetalMaster Xcel, Element U, and FiberBlade models.
- Max cut capacity, 1.5″ (38.1mm) mild steel, 1″ (24.5 mm) stainless and aluminum. * Capacity determined by select wattage.
- Plug and play design.
- Excellent cutting and marking quality.
- Different models available from 4000-20,000 watt systems.
- 20 meter (65.6’) fiber cable included providing for an extremely large cutting area and flexibility in the placement of the unit.
- Three times more efficient than CO2 lasers.
- Does not require laser gas, making it a cost saving operation.
- Cutting speeds comparable to CO2 lasers.
- Produces virtually dross-free cuts.
- Includes N2 gas option for stainless steel and aluminum.