SensoMat®-PAN Height Sensing reliably maintains the proper standoff distance between the oxyfuel torch tip and the work piece, without operator intervention. The SensoMat®-PAN is an option to be used in conjunction with the OL- Series Lifters.
The SensoMat®-PAN system uses 'capacitive' technology, with the probe acting as an antenna, to sense the presence of the plate. Actual measurements are compared to a set value, corresponding to the desired stand-off. The built-in logic commands the lifter motor to constantly move the station to obtain a zero difference between "actual" and "set", achieving high accuracy of stand-off distance.
It operates using one of two different style sensing probes:
- Ring 22, .866" diameter sensing probe (Best used with thickness range = .079" to 1.575".
- U-65, 2.56" diameter sensing probe with 180 degree radius and open mouth "U shape" (Best used with a thickness range = 1.575" to 3.15")
- Uses 'Capacitive' technology at 15 KHz, to provide high reliability and tolerance to harsh environments
- Measuring accuracy of +/-.12" and repeatability of +/-.04" maintains part quality and optimum cutting speeds without operator intervention
- Accommodates plate inclination of +/-3 degrees to work with wavy or warped plate
- Height 'freeze' can be activated to allow cutting near the edge of the plate